MVP Strategies leadership training gives student trainees:
- Ways to think critically about their leadership role in challenging harmful or dangerous gender and sexual norms that contribute to sexual harassment, sexual assault and relationship abuse.
- Several options to employ in response to situations of actual or potential violence.
- Information about the role of alcohol as a correlative factor in incidents of abuse and strategies for bystander intervention in circumstances of potential sexual assault where alcohol is involved.
- Ideas about how to apply the bystander concept to issues of bullying, heterosexism, racism and mental health issues.
- Support to introduce the key concepts of bystander intervention to incoming students who live on campus in both group settings and one-on-one interactions.
- Information about on or off-campus resources they can share with students, including referrals for further information or services.
- Handouts and other MVP curricular materials.